- Created: Thursday, 28 May 2020 11:58
Phase 2 to Phase 3 UPDATE - A MESSAGE TO OUR PATIENTS
At Interventional Pain Specialists, we want to you to know that we are continuing to navigate the current and unprecedented state of COVID-19 with extreme caution. As a small business owner who supports our team members, we assure our decisions have been incredibly difficult and long thought out. We feel strongly that it is in the best interest of the community to do our part in “flattening the curve” and I encourage you to support others who have done the same.
We are scheduling appointments, on a very limited basis, and our practice is OPEN, primarily via telemedicine. Please call us between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00 p.m., Monday -Wednesday- Friday, to be ensured of reaching our office staff. Please understand we are busy on the phones holding telemedicine appointments and conferences with our patients on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Please give us ample time (one business day) to return your voicemail message before calling back to leave us duplicate voicemails. We are currently inundated with an unusual amount of duplicate calls and messages and we greatly appreciate your patience while we address the needs of all our patients. We promise to get back to you as soon as possible.
Please note that you may be asked to provide us with updated patient forms and signed consents for treatment prior to scheduling you for a teleconference appointment. For your convenience, these necessary pieces of patient information are now available for download on our FORMS page as fillable PDF's that may be downloaded to your computer, filled out and electronically signed, then uploaded to our secure dropbox.
Some procedures are being scheduled again. These procedures will only be scheduled with Dr. Wilson’s approval, following a telephone consultation with him, and after successful COVID-19 screening, a thorough Risk Stratification Assessment, and an agreement of risk exposure by the patient.
All patients who are able to make office appointments for procedures are asked to do the following on the day of their scheduled office procedure:
- After arriving in our parking lot, Wait in your car and call the office. Our Staff will ask you specific triage questions and take all of the information they can over the phone. Your answers will be recorded in your chart.
- Once Dr. Wilson is ready for you, you will be called again and instructed to enter the building.
- Per the Illinois Dept. of Public Health Orders, please wear your mask when entering our building. ALL PATIENTS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THEIR OWN MASK TO WEAR FOR THE DURATION OF THEIR APPOINTMENT AND PROCEDURE.
- Our office suite doors will be opened for you. We request that you do not open any interior doors or touch any surfaces inside the office.
- We will check your temperature with a no contact forehead thermometer prior to entering the patient exam areas or fluoroscopy suite.
- Please bring your own pen with you in order to sign your consent forms for your procedure.
Please also know that we have always taken the most stringent of precautions to protect our staff and our patients from any infectious disease. Now, we are taking these universal precautions to another level. To minimize exposure risk, we strongly request that you participate in these precautions for all future visits until otherwise notified:
- If you are currently experiencing a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, or have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, do not visit our office and please cancel your visit. Instead, we will schedule a telehealth call.
- If you have been in contact with anyone testing positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days, please cancel your visit and reschedule.
We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation and are adhering to both national CDC guidelines and Illinois Department of Publich Health protocols, and we will apprise you when we are back to our regular schedule, which is hopefully as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued understanding.
Our main priority always has been and continues to be the health and safety of our patients and staff. We assure you that we are arming ourselves with knowledge on a daily basis with updates from our National ASIPP, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, and are following their recommended guidelines for safety during this global pandemic.
Our office will remain closed to visitors, effective Monday, March 16, through the governor's now extended stay-at-home order through May 30th, 2020. Our staff will continue working remotely, answering calls, and offering our patients the option of scheduling both consultation and your ongoing medication management appointments with Dr. Wilson via teleconference.
All non-essential appointments will remain postponed until further notice in order to limit any potential exposures to coronavirus disease 2019 for our at-risk patient population.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For More Information: Click the Links Below
Along with the National Pandemic Emergency, on March 15, Governor Pritzker declared a State of Emergency for the State of Illinois due to increasing cases of the COVID-19 Virus. DuPage County has also issued a disaster proclamation, putting an emergency operation plan into effect.